Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy 2009!

I've been meaning to update this since oh about two months ago, but I've been busy like a beaver. During the day I think of how I'm going to write about what is happening in my blog. It's kind of cool how it happens.

I have so much to blog about so I'm going to make this blog into a sections, maybe even color code it, or put bullets or some kind of fancy marking so if you so choose to get up and take a break from it, then you can come back later, for your enjoyment so you aren't overwhelmed by a gargantuan sized blog.

When I hear the word "blog" in my mind it is synonymous with "barf". Think about it. Bobby just blogged all over my shoes. Yeah, it works.


Hop in my sidecar as we travel all the way back to Wednesday, November 19th. As usual I waited until the night before my paper was due to start working on it. I really did try working on it earlier; it’s just that nothing came to me. Maybe I work better under a time limit? Staying up until 4:30 in the morning and only getting 4 hours of sleep is not good, let me tell you. I thought I was going to take a nap when I came home from school on Thursday but I didn't really feel tired. Or Thursday night, I didn't clunk out right away either. Weird.


November 21st, 2008-My 20th birthday!

Of course I had school on my birthday and we had a meeting for our clinic that day too which wasn't too bad. Then when I got home Mom, Jessica, and neighbor Kim were in my living room! Stacy and Fredrina showed up later and we all plied into the van (not Kim though) and went down to the big ass library down in Minneapolis to see the PostSecret exhibit. It was soooo cool. Oh that reminds me, I gotta send in my secrets. After that we are the scrumptious Old Spaghetti Factory. Yumm Yumm. After that we came home and did the presents and cake thing. OMG. The cake. It was from Breyerlys (sp?). It was AMAZING. Best cake ever? Yeah I think so. Then we played the brand spanking new Clue which was fun! I think it was awesome to turn 20. I feel more "grown-up", sometimes.

I'm kinda really bummed that my fall classes are done with. I really liked all of those classes and the peoples in 'em. Spring semester better be as good as the Fall. On the upside I got an A in Abnormal Psychology, an A in Physical Geography and a B in Cultural Anthropology! 3.66 GPA for the semester and 3.10 cumulative. I wasn't really sure if I was going to get an A in Geography, I was 1.5 points away from a B. Yay for extra credit. I feel kinda smart. I mean smart people get A's right? For some reason I feel that the A's aren't good enough. Hmm.

Merry Christmas!
Christmas was fantastic this year, as it usually is. I got a video camcorder, Are you smarter than a 5th grader board game, Backseat Drawing, a scrabble dictionary, a few gift cards, this cool string swirly light flashing thing, A Lifetime of Secrets, and some more stuff I can't remember at the moment. Santa came on Tuesday night to our house and we opened presents on Wednesday. I got my mom a CD from Amazondotcom that she hasn't been able to find in stores. I got my dad this book about some old pioneer lady that they met like 25 years ago up north. My mom and I had been looking for the book in stores forever but never found it. Well, super sleuth Kristen found it on Ebay. I ordered it the Tuesday on the week before Christmas and it came on the Monday on the week of Christmas. Thankfully my mom didn't see it sticking out of the mailbox before I grabbed it. Her face was hilarious when my dad opened it. I should go get the picture and put it up on here for you. Then after the unwrapping we played are you smarter than a 5th grader. The first time we played, we all failed and didn’t get any money. The second time my dad and I made it to the million dollars about I won because of my extra $1000. We left for Winona at like 3:30pm.
First stop was Grammy and Grandpa’s to drop off the chicken wild rice soup. For some reason we got talking about drinking and Grandmas is like “have you/do you drink” (directed towards me, obviously) and I say “no.” Then she’s like (or maybe it was grandpa) I’ll have to ask you again later when your parents aren’t around. I’m thinking, well my answer is the same. Yes, I have had a few sips of my parents drink on New years, but that’s all. Sheesh. I’m not (or will I be) a big drinker like some other members of the family. I think that idea goes back to New Years 2000 when my parents let me have a sip for the new millennium or something and apparently I liked it. I was 11 years old, what the hell did I know? Honestly? It doesn’t seem like a big deal to me. does everything have to revolve round beer? I’ve seen what alcohol does to people. Family get-togethers shouldn’t be planned around days people have off then next day so they can recover from the previous night. Sad thing is that a person has to hit rock bottom for themselves before they can get help. You’d think that having your driver’s license taken away would be a sign, but no. Don’t you realize you are being taken advantage of? We can talk to them, and give advice all we want but it doesn’t matter unless they realize what they are doing and are ready to get help.
We left Grammy and Grandpas about 8:00 and went to Ron and Arlene’s. After a while Ronnie and Jessy came over and we played Backseat Drawing. The boy’s team was cheating so much it was not even funny. They can’t stand to lose. Seriously. It isn’t pretty if they don’t.
Christmas morning we went over to Grammy and Grandpas as usual. People started filing in about noon. Here’s everyone that was there:
1. Kristen
2. Diane
3. Paul
4. Grandma
5. Grandpa
6. Eugene
7. Donna
8. Amanda
9. Ethan
10. Dustin
11. David
12. Kris
13. Branden
14. Erika
15. Zach (Zac?)
16. Bob
17. Pam
18. Hailey
19. Doug
20. Debbie
21. Jordan
22. Carson
23. Kathy
24. Ambar
25. Myranda
26. Donna
27. Kameron
28. Karen
29. Ryan
30. Alicia

The food was amazing as usual. Especially the stuffing. OMG. Yum.
On Saturday the 27th the Andring side got together.
1. Kristen
2. Diane
3. Paul
4. Ron
5. Arlene
6. Tammy
7. Mark
8. Elizabeth
9. Frank
10. Sesilee
11. Roger
12. Dale
13. Sharon
14. Brian
15. Todd
16. Jen (and a baby boy)
17. Danny
18. Charlie
19. Vickie A.
20. Vickie S.
21. Mark
22. A.J.
23. Elaine
24. Mike D.
25. Shannon
26. Mike T.
27. Man who looked familiar but I didn’t know
28. Woman who looked familiar but I didn’t know
29. Man who I didn’t know at all
30. Madelyn
31. Shawn/Sean/Shaun
32. Ronnie
33. Jessy
34. Mason
35. Probably more people I didn’t see or remember.

I can’t believe that I only have four more days of break left. I’m actually kind of ready to go back and be on a schedule. I don’t know how long that will last though.

I’ve had this blog up for a long time, waiting to be published. Three months to be more exact. I have more things to write about but, I think I’m just going to put it up. I should really start doing little blogs every so often so I don’t get them all backed up like this.

<3>

No comments: