I've been thinking about waving to people this week and so I decided to blog about it. First off I think that it should become customary for people to high five each other instead of shaking hands. When shaking hands you don't know how long to stay gripped to the other person's hand. How many shakes up and down before you let go? How far do you let your hand go into the other person's hand? Do you go so far that your phalanges touch? http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_skin_between_your_thumb_and_fore_finger_called
What if you have perpetually cold hands? What if they think your hands are too hot?
Secondly, I find it super awkward when seeing former teachers in the hall (sometimes even current ones) Why? All of these problems and questions arise and they go somewhat in this order.
Do they see me?
Do they remember me?
-I figure if you know that they knew your name during class then I'd say that chance that they remember you goes up.
Should I say "hi"?
What if they don't remember me?
If I do say "hi" and they say "hi" back does that mean they remember me or are they just being polite?
What if I don't say "hi"and they do remember me?
I also noticed that when I see people I know I like to wave when I say high. It's more fun.
I wonder if the people that work at the library (librarians) get annoyed seeing that I requested another book. The book request thing is quite handy dandy. I think that it's main purpose to have some sort of order when a billion people want to read a wildly popular new book and to transfer books from library to library.
I'd say most of the time when I request a book it's because there is a waiting list or it is at another library. However I have requested books that I see is checked in at the library that I will be going to and don't really feel like going to look for it, so I request it. This way I know exactly where to find it on the holds shelves and no one can sneak in and check it out before I do.
I can't wait to make cookies this year for Christmas. Why? Here's why. Today after school Mom and I went to Baker's Square for lunch and afterwards she was going to go to Ridgedale to do some shopping. I begged to come with. I promised I'd be good and wouldn't complain if she wanted to go into some old lady store. I had a jolly good time at Ridgedale. At Lids the guy was really quite funny and pretty cute; too bad we didn't stay in their longer.
I had some fun of my own at mom's old lady sore Coldwater Creek. She found two pretty looking sweaters to try on. She went to try them on. Meanwhile I was standing outside of her dressing room door. They had cute little chalkboards next to the door so the sales people know who to bring different sizes to. I wrote "Mommy Dearest! <3" on my mom's door. It made me happy. One of the sales ladies comes in and says "How's mommy doing?" to my mom in the dressing room. It was great!
This week has been a good week and as a bonus it snowed this week! (Here's to hoping for a white Christmas!) It's nicely refreshing after the month of November. November was kind of stressful. Mostly school homework and gigantic projects. I can't believe that there is only one more week to go before finals. I'm excited for winter break but I have a feeling that it's either going to go wicked fast and I'll be wanting more free days before January 11th rolls around or I'll be ready to go back on December 23rd. I think that even though I don't particularly like going go class for 3 hours every Tuesday and Thursday nights I think that once class is done and I don't have to go back anymore I'll feel unproductive on Tuesday and Thursday nights.
OMG! Just checked Hanson.net and the Stand Up Stand Up EP is being released worldwide on iTunes on December 8th! Score! I wanted to buy it but I heard that the shipping cost more than the $6 CD and unfortunately for my ears that just doesn't fly with this bird.
My Marie Claire magazine came in the mail yesterday but I didn't have a single free second to read it at all. Seriously no free second. So while I read about half of it this morning. The articles in there from last month and this month are really good. This month's (January's) issue had stories about a single mom going back in to the dating field and another about how sex is different with men who get their moves/inspiration/knowledge of how to please a woman from porn versus the men who just do what feels natural and right. It's interesting to ponder these sorts of things.
What other exciting things happened this week? Let's see. I signed up for spring semester classes. I'm taking Elementary Statistics, Introduction to Art, Drawing 1, and American Musical Theatre. I'm meeting with the counselor/advisor dude on Tuesday to make sure I've taken all of the classes I need to to graduate this spring. I'm kinda scared of what is going to happen after I gradate. I don't know what I want to do but at this most of all road going to Colorado. I think 2010 is going to be a fabulous, adventurous, learning, freeing, exciting year.
Well, well, well. Look at how long this blog is. ( I just put it into Word to do spell check and it is 2.5 pages single spaced) Too bad this isn't my Political Ideologies project or Constitution Treasure Hunt Project or Jury worksheet reflection. I'd be way done with those if it was. I think I could keep going if my but wasn't asleep.
<3 Kristen
Friday, December 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment